Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Skipper

I started living with pets at an early age... from birth. When I was just a young'n and learning to sit up, Mom and Dad had a Cocker Spaniel puppy, Baby. Baby loved to play and wanted so much to play with me and would knock me over every time. Baby got new parents... my Grandma and Grandpa Wessel. She was a marvelous dog and we did get to be good friends when I got a little older. LOL

Mom would tell me the story of when she would have me outside in the buggy. She would go in the house, (this was in the old days when it was ok to go inside and leave your kid outside in a buggy) and Skipper would lie down beside the buggy. NObody could come near, absolutely no one but my mom or my dad. That's it, you try and you die was Skipper's motto and everyone took him quite seriously, which was wise.

This is a photo of Skipper with me watching him eat. Truth be told, I probably helped him eat his food.


No comments:

Post a Comment